“I want to thank you and all of the members of PTG for your strong support of the Invent Washington Celebration. I have had some amazing stories that have come from parents about how this event has been rewarding and highly educational for their children. I am attaching the lists of the 35 students that won awards in the Invention Celebration. They are so proud of the beautiful ribbons and medals that you purchased!
The state event will be held on May 17 at Gonzaga. I will make certain that there is plenty of information flowing regarding this event as we approach the end of March!
Again, we are so fortunate as a faculty and a school to have a strong PTG. We appreciate you more than you may know!” - Diane Garmire
Odyssey Science Club - “Our science club has really put in time and effort this year and had some fun along the way.” – Christine Bargman
- Science Bowl – Odyssey Science Club teams raced three homemade lithium battery operated cars at Libby on Feb 21st. The academic portion of the competition was held the next day at Whitworth. All three teams placed in the first round - 3rd, 7th, and 13th place out of 22 teams, and all three made it to the afternoon double elimination rounds.
- Science Olympiad – Odyssey Science Club will participate in its first Olympiad on March 8th at Spokane Falls Community College.
Math Is Cool
- Odyssey sent 7th and 8th grade teams to their grade level Masters competition on Dec 7th.
- Odyssey 6th graders placed 3rd in the regional competition on Feb 7th. They have been invited to the state Masters competition in Moses Lake on May 17th.
- 5th grade has their first competition on March 7th at Mt Spokane High School.
Odyssey Robotics Club
- FIRST LEGO League - Five Odyssey teams completed a challenging FLL season on Jan 26th, with one team making it to state semi-finals on Feb 15th.
- ORC started their 2nd semester non-competitive skill building session on Feb 24th to prepare for the next FLL competition season.
Congratulations to all students participating in extracurricular teams and activities (arts, sciences, and athletics)!
Thanks to the coaches, staff members, volunteers, and mentors who make these experiences possible for our students.
Extracurricular team registrations and materials are supported by Odyssey PTG.